Sunday, June 14, 2009

I <3 Cottage Cheese

After a few weeks of nothing but liquid, it was a real treat to finally get cottage cheese. There are so many yummy things you can stir in for variety - and its very easy to digest. If you buy small curd, very little extra chewing is required. I can eat 2-4oz at a meal so the mixers below are based on that size - you won't need much!

I prefer savory over sweet - but I included some sweet mixers that others have mentioned but I haven't tried those!

SAVORY
- Salsa - this adds great flavor and spice which I crave!
- Guacamole - it doesn't look that pretty, but man is it good mixed in
- Unflavored protein - I can usually taste these, but its a good way to boost your protein
- SF Marinara, ground meat, sprinkle cheese on top and nuke for a few seconds
- Cooked veggies like cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant

SWEET
- Sugar-Free pudding flavors
- Sugar-Free preserves, jam, jelly
- LeanDessert Chocolate-Coconut protein powder
- Crushed nuts + favorite sweet protein or puddings

Add Cottage Cheese to:
- Scrambled eggs, egg beaters
- Faux Lasagne

My favorite recipes with cottage cheese:
- MissMaryMac - Cheese & Dairy Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment