My favorite greek yogurts are Fage 0% or 2%, Trader Joe's brand, Chobani or Voskos. I bet you can find at least one of these in your local grocery store or even super-target and walmart if you have those. Whole Foods is another great place to look.
Here are some ideas for spicing up your yogurt!
- Scoop of your favorite flavored protein power
- Sugar-free pudding mix (I love Pistacchio with little bits of pistacchio nuts)
- Sugar-Free preserves (great with chocolate protein)
- Low-fat Peanut Butter or Powdered PB2 (great with lots of other flavors)
- Flax Meal/Wheat Germ - great breakfast with a fiber boost
- Granola (make sure you look at the carbs and sugar!)
- Whey Crisps (yummy little protein nuggets!)
- Dashes from a packet of veggie soup mix or onion soup mix
- Scoop BSN Cinnamon roll + tbsp instant coffee
- Scoop BSN Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Protein + unsweetened coconut flakes
- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Packet Chicken Soup flavored Protein + salsa
- Veggies! (I often stir in cooked cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant, mushroom - love them alll!)
- Scoop unflavored protein + any flavor you want!
Other ideas for Greek Yogurt that you can try:
- Use in place of mayo in egg/tuna/chicken salad
- Use in place of sour cream with salsa & refried beans
- Use to make Tzatiki sauce for dipping. Yum!
There are so many great protein flavors, sugar-free syrups, pudding, jello that you can create just about anything if you're creative. I am sensitive to sweet so I don't overdo that part, but some people LOVE sweeties and even add extra splenda to their creations - be creative!
- Chocolate Protein Powder + PeanutButter SF Syrup
- Cake Batter Protein + Banana SF Pudding Mix
- Vanilla Protein + Instant Coffee + Hazelnut SF Syrup
- Vanilla Protein + SF Orange Preserves = Creamsicle!